Wednesday, October 20, 2010

California #5

California, Sept 4- 9, 2010

More pictures. Here we visited the Aquarium of the Pacific at Long Beach. It was fun. There were tons of sea creatures to see. I even saw sea lions for my first time. Jayron was, first scared, and then fascinated, especially with the mesmerizing movements of the jelly-fish. We had a great time. It was just the three of us that day; Sahar had to work. But I had to put this first cute picture somewhere:) I couldn't put in all the pictures, but we saw crabs, lobsters, starfish, and all kinds of colorful fish.





















A whale made entirely of recycable plastic bottles














Crabs


Jayron is fascinated

So colorful!














Ah, the Jelly-fish!














Sea lions lazying out of the water on the rocks


















Aaron in one of the small acquaria
















Visiting with the shark and stingrays























We were encouraged to touch the stingrays, who can be deadly, but with these ones, their poisonous stings have been removed. It took me a while to get the courage to do it, but I did. It felt velvety.

No comments:

Post a Comment